Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher
The Department of Community Affairs (DCA) is now accepting Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Applications.
View the image in the documents section for more detailed information. Please click the application to apply - Section 8 Application
DDD Licensed Provider Report Card Webinar
Effective February 1, 2023, the Department of Human Services’ (DHS) Office of Program Integrity and Accountability is replacing the current Risk Management Report with a newly designed, user-friendly Report Card. This webinar will introduce the Report Card and it’s components. The target audience is the DDD stakeholder community, licensed community providers and individuals/families residing in DHS licensed settings.
Webinar 1.23.23 11am-12pm- DHS OPIA Introduction to the DDD Licensed Provider Report Card- Register Here
Disability Services and Advocacy is hosting a Webinar 2.23.2023 7:30pm-9pm.
Register to hear more information on Transitioning from School age to DDD and the Adult Programs. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4103840717817104471
Disability Services and Advocacy is hiring support coordinators statewide. If interested apply here: https://www.dsausa.net/Job-Application
Support Coordinators are to adhere to the responsibilities required by the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) including:
- Explaining to consumers and their families the new Fee-for-Service individualized budget system supporting people with developmental disabilities in NJ
- Working with the person and family in creating a support and service plan that details: how best to support the person, defines the needed services and their cost while ensuring the plan is within their budget, selects providers that will implement the plan
- Monitoring the implementation of the plan with monthly phone contact, quarterly face-to-face visits, annual home visits, and subsequent reports
- Adjusting the plan as needed to reflect the changing goals and needs of the consumer and or family
- Assisting the person and family in successfully navigating the complex social service and provider system supporting people with disabilities in your market area
- Effectively listen, communicate, and provide compassionate support to the consumer and their family
- Learning and becoming comfortable discussing the financial and legal issues facing people with disabilities and their families including: Guardianship, Wills, and Special Needs Trusts
- Inputting and updating all support activity as required by DDD and DS&A
- Responding quickly (within 48 hours or less) to all requests for information from: consumers, their family, providers, DDD officials, and DS&A management regarding the consumers your serve
- Effectively use technology in communication with consumers and preparing service plans and budgets
- Represent DS&A in a professional manner upholding the values it represents